Q: What conversation groups are available to facilitate learning to speak English fluently?
A: At present a group sponsored by International Friends is in the process of re-organizing.   It is led by various community members.  You should contact one of the leaders for specific details.  They are Kay Forsyth, 435-232-2966, and Candace Berthrong, 435-760-4947,


Q: Are other conversation groups available?
A: The English Department has a program called TEA Time that meets once a week and helps international students with speaking and writing English.  Their website ( should be consulted for particulars. The Intensive English Language Institute at USU also sponsors conversation groups.  For information, contact IELI .


Q: What other sources are available to help with learning English?
Several people in the community provide assistance on an individual or small group basis.  They should be contacted directly to inquire about openings.  They are:

Al Forsyth, 435-232-5417,

Chris Hult, 435-764-2678,

Steve Karren, 435-752-0477,